Friday, January 14, 2011

I call her "Sissy"

I call her “Sissy”.
I am not sure when when it started but it was pretty early on after mom and dad brought her home. I know before her it was just the 3 of us and although it was only 7 months ago today, I can barely remember what life was like without her.

They tried like crazy to “prepare” me for her. They read me books about being a Big Sister and told me about when I was a little baby and how she would not be able to do much in the beginning, blah, blah, blah but now that she is here it is all clear. I know what my job is in life.

It is to make “Sissy” laugh. And let me tell you, I can do it better than anyone! Just ask her!

For instance, when we first get home from school and dad still has her in the infant carrier/carseat, when he is not looking, I rock the car seat super fast to the point that she would fall out (if she did not have her seat belt on) and she laughs louder than I have ever heard.

I like to lick her toes, ears, tummy, frankly any part of her body. She really likes this!

In the morning when she wakes up, I run to her room and start first by getting her a Sassy (aka pacifier) and then I start piling her crib with toys! She also really likes this!

Sometimes in the morning when Mom is getting ready for work and Sis and I are on the bed together in our PJs I will strip her down and make raspberries on her belly. At first when mom walked in and saw this, she could not figure out why Sis was half naked but once she saw   what I was doing, it was fine.

I read her stories, sing to her, and help her clap hands. I also help “dance her”. This is done by moving her arms to the dance we are doing at the end of a show like Super Why or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Oh and how could I forget, I dress her. Well not by myself but I tell mom what to dress her in.

As you can see by the pictures attached, I also protect her. See in the first pic we went to see Santa and since Sissy has never met him before so I made sure to hold her hand in case she was scared. (also notice she is dressed just like me...... pretty cool, huh?)

If this is her not being able to do much and I am having this much fun with already, just imagine what fun we will have when she is big, like me?

Signed,

The best Big Sissy in The World,

Gillian



 

No comments:

Post a Comment