Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bird Day party!


In the last year or so I have been invited to a lot of Bird Day parties..

OK, so I have since learned it is actually called a birthday not “bird day” but I still like to ocassionally call it that.

It always starts the same way.... Mom picks me up from school and there is a little white envelope sitting in my cubicle. I know what this envelope means even before mom tells me, “ you were invited to Jacks Birthday party”. This is music to my ears!

“Birthday Party” are 2 of the most magical words a girl can hear! Let me tell you why....

  • First, it is always an opportunity to play with my friends on a weekend somewhere fun like: a park, Pump It Up, Bowling, The Little Gym, and sometimes at someone's house. Frankly it really does not matter where.


  • Second, there is almost always something yummy to eat, like Pizza or Chicken Nuggets.


  • But the last and by far BEST reason that those 2 magical words are music to my ears is that there is ALWAYS, at every single party, CAKE!


What is great about this too, is that the person handing out the cake is not usually my mom or dad, so my strategy is to wolf down the cake as fast as possible and then go and tug on person’s leg who is handing it out and look up and bat my big blue eyes at them and ask for more. I have to do this fast before mom intervenes to tell me that 1 is enough. I can happily report that i have yet to be declined a 2nd piece.



Next comes the present opening... I still find this part challenging, because some other kid is opening all these great gifts that I want. I also like to help them open their presents but often times my  mom or dad tells me not too.


Next it comes time to leave and I usually do not want to, but then they give us something else called a “goody bag”... It usually will have some toys, maybe a small bottle of bubbles and guess what else..sometimes there is candy in there. And then to boot sometimes I get to take a balloon home.

So you can see why Bird Day or Birthday parties are pretty magical words to hear!




** The above two pics are from the best "bird day" party ever. They are from mine and Lily's 3rd brithday.

No comments:

Post a Comment